this time I play in YOUR country! (kaiser k500)

• Hi,

This time I give a try to something from Europa, well, Germany;p I am a big fan of the work from the guy over miniwerft.de, but it's a bit too expensive for me, as of now.

I gained access to a (big) laser cutting machine, so I designed a kaiser k 500 (with my mighty eyeball caliper). It's designed for a 20mm jet turbin, like the one from krick.

the whole stuff is on printables

https://www.printables.com/model/703254-kaiser-k500

k500_r1.pngframes.pngmoteur.png

• Official Post

Bonjour, Very interesting Jerome. Hope to see the whole boat soon... :Ahoy:

MfG, Ernst
    (Moderator)

Das Vorteilhafte an Standmodellen ist, dass sie selten absaufen...

IG-Yachtmodellbau seit 1996

Under Construction: in 1:10 - Riva Anniversario - Graupner Manhattan-Variationen, sowie Graupner Helgoland von 1965 zur Restauration :2:

MFC Ikarus Kempten - Modellfliegen auf 855m üNN Starthöhe :)

• I finally found some time to cut this boat:

decoupe.jpg

One frame is too thin, it broke while I was removing it from planks, it will be cut again but stronger. I think I draw too much stations and details for this scale in my design, but it will be fine for this time, even if it's overkill for something around 45cm long.

• New
    • Official Post

Normally for putting the wood away from the frame, it would be helpful to glue one side with the yellow Tamiya tape. This will fit the grains together.

MfG, Ernst
    (Moderator)

Das Vorteilhafte an Standmodellen ist, dass sie selten absaufen...

IG-Yachtmodellbau seit 1996

Under Construction: in 1:10 - Riva Anniversario - Graupner Manhattan-Variationen, sowie Graupner Helgoland von 1965 zur Restauration :2:

MFC Ikarus Kempten - Modellfliegen auf 855m üNN Starthöhe :)

• Well, I began the assembly today, it's quite small, I will have to use double planking, balsa mahogany.

promocean, thickness was less than 1mm where it broke: it was a bit too close to lacework;p I redraw the part and cutted it again.

I'm thinking about a v2 with less lacework, but I will try to finish this one as is. It was my first try with a laser cutter, so I played too much with the limits I think (well, that's part of the learning curve:p).

My good old scroll saw will not retire that soon it seems;p

assem1.jpg

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!